We all like to believe that our relationship will stand the long haul. And there are many clues that can indicate that your partnership will survive and go the distance. But, equally, there may be signs that your relationship could be stuck in a rut and might not last.
It takes commitment to make a relationship work. So if you feel unfulfilled in your relationship, take our quiz to find out whether it’s likely to survive. Then read on for some tips on how to rekindle the flame.
Does your relationship need a boost? To find out, answer the following two sets of questions.
1. Do you trust your partner? Not only in the sense of being faithful but also that they’re always supportive and have your back?
2. Do you share similar goals?
3. Are you physically intimate? It’s not just about sex, but whether you often reach out to touch or hug one another.
4. Can you communicate openly and honestly?
5. Do you still like your partner even when you’re angry with them?
6. Do you have fun and laugh together?
7. Can you fully be yourself in this relationship?
8. Has the spark gone out of your sex life?
9. Do you find you have the same arguments repeatedly?
10. Do you feel underappreciated or take your partner for granted?
11. Do you have different aims in life?
12. Do you feel unable to be completely yourself in the relationship?
13. Has the routine of everyday life (chores, looking after the kids etc.) taken its toll on your relationship?
14. Do you no longer communicate with one another or express your feelings?
15. Has the romance faded as the dirty dishes and laundry pile up?
These questions were divided into two sets. If you answered "Yes" to the questions in the first set, there’s little doubt that your relationship is built to last.
But if you responded "Yes" to the second set of questions, your relationship has likely got stale, and you’re stuck in a rut.
Maybe you feel that it’s time to end the relationship and move on - and that’s fine as well. But if you want to rekindle the spark, try the following tips.
If you’ve been honest with the answers you gave to our quiz, you can now decide on your next steps. Maybe you’re no longer on the same path as your partner, and you’ll decide it’s time to move on. But if you feel your relationship is worth preserving, you will be able to turn things around as long as you’re both prepared to work at it.
It’s such a positive thing to do and hope springs eternal, so why not commit yourself to a change this year? Here’s our tips on how to stick to your new year’s resolutions.
Feeling blue? You're not alone! We all feel sad at times; it's a normal human emotion. Sometimes, it's clear to see what has triggered our depression. Common reasons for feeling sad include bereavement, the end of a relationship, losing your job or money problems. But it's not always so clearcut.
As nice as it is for a person to celebrate New Year, it's not so nice for a dog, especially when the loud fireworks go off the whole night. This is really frightening for many dogs. Read our 7 tips on how you can help your dog with his fear of fireworks.
Can we learn from our mistakes and develop a stronger, healthier emotional bondwith our kids? To help you identify your weak spots, we’ve rounded up some of the most common mistakes parents make.
What can you do if your kid doesn't want to go back to school? Here are our hints and tips to help if your child is expressing a refusal to go to school.
Do you have enough resilience to face the world out there? Take our quiz to find out how resilient you are and find tips on how to build your mental resilience.
Motivation can be somewhat elusive - some days, you just can't seem to make yourself do the stuff you don't want to. But putting things off just leads to stress, frustration and a sense of guilt.
Learn how to recognise the signs of stress and avoid slipping into a burnout or a bore-out
When you think about things that will make you happy, what are the images that come to mind? Wealth, beauty, a dream house, long holidays, a top of the range car? Happiness is not a constant and how happy we feel depends on the way we choose to live our lives.
Sometimes it’s hard to notice when we've become trapped in familiar routines. Take our quiz to find out if you’re stuck in a rut and what you can do about it.Read the complete article
Are you unsure which Bach flowers can help you? Contact Tom for free advice.