Are you sleeping enough? Test!
The twenty-first century is a busy time. We are all guilty of being busy. We strive to balance home and personal life with busy professional lives, and we never seem to give ourselves a break. This can result us burning the candle at both ends (early mornings in the gym, late nights at work, then dinner and out with friends) and there’s a ridiculous temptation to short change the amount of sleep we allow ourselves. This cannot be healthy. Sleep is vital for health and emotional wellbeing. How can you tell whether you’re getting enough sleep? Take our test and find out!
Take the test here
Simply answer yes, no or sometimes to these questions, and then tot up your results at the end.
- Do you go to bed when you like rather than have an allotted bedtime (a time when you regularly go to bed)?
- During the past two weeks have you put off going to bed at your allotted bedtime more than twice?
- During the past two weeks have you gone back to sleep after the alarm has gone off in the morning?
- During the past two weeks, have you fallen asleep during the day without meaning to?
- Have you fallen asleep in a public place within the past two weeks?
- Do you wake up feeling as though you have not had enough sleep?
- Have friends, family, or co-workers told you that you look sleepy in the past two weeks?
- Do you struggle to stay asleep at night?
- When you wake up in the night do you think about things that are bothering you?
- Does it take you a long time to get to sleep?
- Are you getting less than 7 hours sleep per night?
- Do you find it difficult to turn your alarm off and jump out of bed ready to take on the world?
- When you wake up, does the face staring back at you in the mirror look tired and strained?
- Do you rely on caffeine to wake yourself up in the morning?
- Do you rely on caffeine to keep you going through the day?
- Do you feel like you need a nap in mid-afternoon?
- Are you regularly cranky or moody?
- Do you get irritable with little provocation?
- Is your bed uncomfortable?
- When you drive in the morning are your reactions sluggish?
- Do you tend to sleep a great deal at weekends?
- Do you have any sort of sleeping ailment that keeps you awake?
- Do you suffer with anxiety or depression?
- Do you have stress?
- Are you a pessimistic person?
- Do you think you sleep poorly?
- Do you take sleeping pills?
How did you score?
If you have proportionally more ‘yes’ answers, combined with some ‘sometimes’ answers, then the chances are that you do have a sleeping problem. Sleep is hugely important if you want to be able to tackle your daily routine with energy and resilience. Not getting enough sleep can be a factor in many illnesses, and can result in premature death. You should consider ways to improve your sleep patterns, do some research, and take steps to ensure a great night’s sleep.
Bach flowers mix 87 helps to:
- Worry less and therefore sleep better
- Become calm and have fewer tensions
- Be less afraid
- Respect your own boundaries and prevent over-tiredness
- Have more confidence and be less worried about others
- Sleep better and sleep soundly
We simply can’t avoid noticing the changes all around us. Autumn is here... Autumn is also called a transitional season. Slowly and steadily, it prepares us for the transition...Read the complete article
What are your aims in life? Do you plan to be rich, to be a top footballer, to be a good parent, or to become Prime Minister? However efficiently you plan your life, sooner or later you are going to come up against obstacles to achieving your goals.
It’s such a positive thing to do and hope springs eternal, so why not commit yourself to a change this year? Here’s our tips on how to stick to your new year’s resolutions.
Sometimes it’s hard to notice when we've become trapped in familiar routines. Take our quiz to find out if you’re stuck in a rut and what you can do about it.Read the complete article
Some people are overly sensitive to the time change and it can take days, if not weeks, for them to feel right again, while others barely even notice.Read the complete article
Lynn Anderson told it very nicely in her song “I beg your pardon; I never promised you a rose garden”. Life isn’t all roses and everybody experiences something they would rather not once in their life.Read the complete article
Being happy is something everybody strives for, but unfortunately there are a lot of people who go through life unhappily. A lot of people take life how it is.Read the complete article
As nice as it is for a person to celebrate New Year, it's not so nice for a dog, especially when the loud fireworks go off the whole night. This is really frightening for many dogs. Read our 7 tips on how you can help your dog with his fear of fireworks.
Do you always feel that everything’s always going wrong? Find out how to stop this cycle of bad thoughts in its tracks. When you think positively, things will start to appear positive and you will eventually feel more positive and optimistic.
Have you considered yoga? There are many advantages to practicing yoga. It is a holistic practice benefitting you physically, emotionally & mentally.